Insurance is an integral part of a thriving church
Do you have everything covered in your community?
No matter how good your risk management practices are, there could still always be an unexpected incident that's beyond your control. Insurance is a critical part of your church’s risk management strategy, so it is crucial to get it right.
Churches of Christ Insurance has the know-how, experience and built-to-purpose insurance program to help you. Make sure you adequately protect your church property and assets, as well as your congregation, elected leaders and ministers as they carry out their work for the church.
Making sure your church is a safe place to work and worship
Churches of Christ Insurance has the experience you can rely on
In the unfortunate event of an incident on your church’s property, the buck stops at your doorstep. If your church community is not covered, you may risk a substantial fine or even imprisonment if the event is considered serious enough.
Practising good stewardship is an important commitment to your church and the wider community, and it doesn't have to be daunting . Churches of Christ Insurance can help you with education and advice on achieving compliance as well as the all-important cover for unforeseen circumstances.
Trust Churches of Christ Insurance to deliver the benefits you need
Keep your congregation and community safe from uncertainty
We've grown so we can give stability to your future
Churches of Christ Insurance was launched in 2008, when the Churches of Christ recognised advantages in having greater control over our insurance needs.
A faith-based, not-for-profit organisation, our aim is to:
- Determine the shape of our insurance program, moulding it around common requirements of the Churches of Christ
- Control outcomes and ensure the best results for our churches in the wake of an insurable event
- Deliver the attentive, personalised service that can't be offered by the larger insurance organisations
Churches of Christ Insurance first operated in Victoria and Tasmania, then in May 2011, Churches of Christ Western Australia joined the program. Subsequently, South Australia, the Northern Territory and Queensland have all come on board, making our insurance program available across most of Australia. This has enabled us to utilise greater buying power through bundling and group insurance, leading to even greater cost savings for our member churches, agencies and departments.
Why we do it
Our sole purpose is to serve our churches
Churches are unique communities, with unique needs and responsibilities. When it comes to insurance, this can be achieved by providing a comprehensive package of insurance policies to best serve the needs of our constituents, which includes pastors and other ministers, volunteers, and congregations.
Our insurance package includes:
- Cover to suit your requirements from property, liability and professional indemnity to travel, motor vehicle and personal accident insurance
- Fast and friendly claims service
- General services including providing advice, information and Certificates of Currency
- Cost effectiveness for our policyholders, achieved through group insurance and large-scale buying power
- Assistance with risk management through the Red Book program
- Free membership to ChildSafe
Our ongoing mission is to offer a personalised, professional and efficient service that best serves the unique and individual needs of our churches.
Ready to take the next step?
If you are a CofC member, please contact us to discuss your insurance needs or policy.
If not a member, head over to our Faith Insurance site to get a no-obligation quote
Need more information? Our Frequently Asked Questions section is here to help you quickly find answers to some of our most commonly asked questions.